Key takeaways from this interview:
- The high level outline for promoting and marketing your book – Chandler’s proven formula, step by step.’
- 4 evergreen topics that will never go out of fashion.
- How to build a fan base for your work when starting from ZERO.
- A high level of accountability is the key – get yourself an “accountability buddy”.
- Set aggressive goals and tell everyone about it.
- Take consistent action (remember the 20-mile march).
- Write UNTIL you get inspired, not the other way around.
- Know exactly who you are writing for – get deep into the minds of your audience.
- How to beat writer’s block through mindmapping, outlining and consistent action.
Click to tweet “There’s no substitute for getting out there and doing it”
Chandler Bolt is the author of the #1 best-selling books The Productive Person and Book Launch, and Founder of the Self-Publishing School. In this interview, we discuss Chandler’s entrepreneurial journey, from learning about sales doing door-to-door house painting, through to the launch of the much-acclaimed Self Publishing School. Chandler also shares his method for writing (hint: you don’t have to be a professional writer) and how he selects topics to write about.
Chandler was inspired to become an entrepreneur when he realised the freedom it can provide. His parents, for example, had the freedom in their own ventures to attend all his school sporting events whereas other parents were away “at the office”.
Chandler started running his own businesses at a young age – from selling candy at scout camps to turning over multiple 6-figures before he was 20 years old.
He launched his first book whilst he was snowboarding on holiday. Within days the book topped David Allen’s “Getting things done” and earned Chandler $7,000 in the first month (regularly $2,000 – $4,000 per month after that). Imagine telling your friends “my book made $400 yesterday whilst we were carving up the slopes!”.
He has truly hacked “publishing” and translated it into simple, actionable steps that anyone can follow. His past students have gone on to publishing multiple best-selling books that are now providing thousands of Dollars per month in passive income for them.
Listen to the full interview to learn how you can do the same.
More about Chandler:
- Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin
- The Self Publishing School
- Popular books by Chandler:
- The Productive Person: A how-to guide book filled with productivity hacks & daily schedules for entrepreneurs, students or anyone struggling with work-life balance
- Book Launch: How to Write, Market & Publish Your First Bestseller in Three Months or Less AND Use it to Start and Grow a Six Figure Business
Other books discussed:
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing, by Perry Marshall
- Influence, by Robert Cialdini
- 20 days to the top, by Brian Sullivan
- Selling 101, by Zig Ziglar
- Great by Choice, by Jim Collins (20 mile march; south pole story)
- War of Art, by Stephen Pressfield
- Jab Jab Jab, Right Hook, by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki
- How to win friends and influence people, by Dale Carnegie
People that inspired Chandler:
- Dane Maxwell from The Foundation – Learn how to build a recurring revenue SaaS business.
- Seth Bolt (Chandler’s brother) – Check out their band “Need to breathe”.