We record and livestream Startup related events in Perth, Western Australia. Click on any of the events below to join the livestream or view the recording. Hope you can join us for the next one.
Plus Eight Accelerator:
- 6 September 2017. Watch the Plus Eight cohort pitch their startups at the 2017 Demo Day.
Ministry of Data – Perth:
- 27 July 2017 – Launch Party 2017. If technology, data, and government agency problems interest you, then come along and find out more about our first hackathon!
Morning Startup Perth (MSP)
- 6 September 2017 – Drew Pflaum on Demystifying Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain
- 26 July 2017 – $100m Crowdfunding – Insights from interviewing world’s top 3% of crowdfunders with Jurgen van Pletsen, Founder Backertracker.com and Nicheinterview.com
- 28 June 2017 – Rubber hits the road! Brand meets digital to grow your start-up’s appeal
- 3 May 2017 – Fooduction – an App by Viral Shah that tackles the problem of food wastage.
- 27 April 2017 – SproutX Agtech Accelerator, Sam Trethewey from SproutX explains what they’re all about and how you can get involved.
- 5 April 2017 – How to Raise Venture Capital, with Elicia McDonald from Airtree Ventures (Australia’s largest VC Fund).
- 22 March 2017 – 90% Startup Failure Rate (and what we can do about it) with Mike Fuller.
- 8 February 2017 – Growth Hacking with Miles Burke from BAM Creative and Growth.email
- 19 October 2016 – Dynamic Equity Model for your startup, with Jesse Emia from Keepspace
- 21 September 2016 – Claire Ramsay – Intellectual Property (IP) Basics for Startups
- October 2016 – M2K Party – Panel Discussion with Velpic, Tap Into Safety, Rhinohide, Hazer Group and Gigger
- 7 September 2016 – Andy Lamb from Atomic Sky talks about Fintech, The Internet of Things (IoT) and Data driven business in Perth.
- 10 August 2016 – Introduction to 3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping from the team at iPrint3D
- 13 July 2016 – Sam Mead explains how to develop your MVP (Minimum Viable Product) – and what to avoid.
- 29 June 2016 – In-depth look into Early Stage Innovation Incentives for Startups – Following on from the success of the 7 June 2016 session (see above), we’ll be hosting a more in-depth discussion on how to take an advantage of the changes that come into effect on 1st July. EY will provide an in-depth discussion on early stage innovation incentives available to fund & accelerate your start-up’s growth.
- 7 June 2016 – Morning Startup SPECIAL – What does the new financial year mean to startups? (with ABC Lateline)
- 13 July 2017 – GROWING A WHOLE INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM? Insights for sectors, cities, regions and nations.
CORE Innovation Hub:
- 5 July 2017 – Core Meet the Innovator: Dr Ryan Loxton
- 7 June 2017 – Meet the Innovator: Bill Withers, Founder of Acquire and Managing Director of Adapt by Design.
- 9 May 2017 – Big Data: Empowering Entrepreneurship – Panel Discussion on Big Data with Sean Barry (HealthEngine), David Newman (Ovass), Damien Pontifex (Boundlss), Jasmin Ward (Cribber, Navitas Ventures) and Gavin Strack (Convergio).
- 10 May 2017 – Info Session for the May 2017 Perth Hackathon from Unearthed Solutions.
- 7 December 2016 – Andre Eikmeier, Founder of Vinomofo discusses the history of the largest online wine retailer in Australia, the challenges they faced and how they overcame them to build one of the most iconic brands in the country.
Startup Weekend Perth
Vocus Upstart (VOCUS)
- 27 October 2016 – VOCUS Upstart 2016 Demo Night: The 2016 cohort is ready to graduate after a gruelling 3 months, and they’ll be showcasing their work at this year’s Vocus Upstart Demo Night. Watch the full event here.
University of Western Australia (UWA)
- 26 October 2016 – UWA Alumni: Entrepreneurship as a career – from dream to reality. Have you imagined your own business but with no idea how to make it happen? Learn how in this exclusive panel discussion with UWA Perth Alumni Entrepreneurs
Founder Institute Perth (FIP)
- 6 July 2017 – How to build products people will love and actually pay for.
- 14 June 2017: Startup Graduate Panel discussion – Graduates from the 2016 Perth Founder Institute program talk about what they’ve learnt and how they’ve grown since joining the program.
- 1 June 2017: Perth Women in Entrepreneurship – A Fireside Chat.
- 17 May 2017: Raising Startup Capital In Perth. This beginner fundraising workshop will provide practical, step by step advice, and feature talks from entrepreneurs who have successfully raised money for their businesses, and investors actively funding businesses. Learn expert tips, big pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more.
- 11 May 2017: Startup CEO – What it takes to win. Presentation and panel discussion with Marcus Tan (Healthengine) and Martin Dougiamas (Moodle)
- 6 July 2016 – Information Session. Watch this session from Founder Institute Perth to learn more about the program – apply here if you’re interested in joining the Winter 2016 intake.
- 29 June 2016 – Uncovering REAL Customer Problems: Customer Development (Design Thinking). Growing a successful start up is all about pursuing a real customer problem. But how do you know if the customer problem you are building a solution for is a must solve problem? Learn the techniques of Design Thinking and Customer Development (Lean Start Up) from Founder Institute Director Andrew Hall.
- 27 June 2016 – Women in Entrepreneurship: “A fireside chat”. We discuss being a female entrepreneur in technology. Your hosts for the night are Isis Nair (ex-Google), Claire McGregor (Appbot), Sheryl Frame (Springboard Enterprises), Kath Giles (Brandon Capital and Stone Ridge Ventures), Felicity Millman (Rest Alert) and Pia Turcinov (Entrepreneurs Programme).
- 15 June 2016 – Masterclass: “Turning good ideas into great products your customers will love”
Silicon Beach Perth (SBP)
- 28 April 2017: Demystifying Artificial Intelligence (AI) – with John Vial and Sean Driver
- 22 July 2016: Out-hiring Google when you’re a startup, with Glenn Beauchamp, founder of Beacham Group.
Australian Virtual Reality Network (AVRN) / Perth VR
- 24 March 2017 – Current state of VR in Australia and abroad, with Daish Malani (Add Life Technologies), Justin McArdle and Gareth Lockett (Frame VR)
- 21 June 2016: A discussion of the latest trends in VR, with Nigel Budden and Daish Malani presenting on the transition from mobile development to VR, and how the Leap Motion and Oculus Rift is being used to treat stroke sufferers.
Codemaster Institute Perth (CIP)
- 16 July 2016 – Coding 101 – Free Perth Exclusive Web Dev Workshop from the Codemaster Institute